Being an adult is hard. I remember hearing it growing up, time and again, and being like pffffft, try being twelve, BIYATCH! But really, now I have come to realize, being an adult is hard.
My first job was at Tim Hortons when I was 16 years old. After 6 hours at school I would go to work from 4pm til 11pm. Worked my ass off at that stupid place for peanuts. My paycheck would come every 2 weeks and I felt entitled to blow ALL of it on whatever suited my fancy because I WORKED HARD FOR IT! My parents would raise hell because I should've been saving for college or my trip to Europe, but I couldn't justify not spending my money on things that made me happy instantly, like cowboy boots from Aldo. Eventually, I did save enough money for Europe, but not for university. And I dropped out of university. Not Europe though. Maybe had I sucked it up and saved for my education I would've felt obligated to stay and better myself intellectually. As it stands, though, I am a waittress and a dropout. Lesson learned.
Now look at me! I've made about 400 dollars in tips in the last week (that's not great, by the way). All the bills are a little late. So I got up early today to pay them online. I owe the cable company 300 dollars, so I payed them 200 today. I owe 1300 for this laptop, I put 100 on it. I owe hydro 82, I put 75 on it. I have about 25 dollars to myself. What the fuck am I going to do with that? Buy a fucking pizza?
Life, man. It's fucking hard.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment