Thursday, November 5, 2009

how the day will go

Mornings are always so full of possibility. If you wake up and the sun is shining - it makes you feel like you can do anything! You make some coffee, you drink 2 cups, you put your laundry in the wash and you sit to write something in your blog. You do the blogging thing because you'll be damned if having a child is going to stifle every outlet that you enjoy. So you blog. About nothing. Fine.
So. Right.
The sun is shining (but the sun doesn't really shine, does it? I mean, the back of a CD shines. Disco balls shine. Suns don't really shine. Need to find another word). There is only a small window of time that is of any use to you before you fall back into the familiar habit of sitting on the couch all day long, refusing to shower because no one important ever sees you anyway. You'll do the dishes - and that's enough. What more can possibly be expected of you? You're pregnant! It's like the free pass you've been hoping for your entire life!

The phone rings and it's your friend. The one you told the other day that you would babysit for on Friday.
So that's where I'm sitting now. I've committed to babysit a 10-month old baby. I don't know anything about babies, pregnant or not. I will learn, that's what they tell me..
So today I have to go to the bank, I have to go to the mall with Jamie and Victoria, I have to pick up some groceries, I have to make dinner and dessert for Mike because I haven't done that in a really long time and I don't want him to be scared of living with me.

I also have to pay some bills.

You know what's probably the most irritating thing that happens to me on a weekly basis?
I will go do my laundry, costs $5 to wash and dry 2 loads. So I do colours and lights. And you know what happened one time? I completely forgot to put the soap in. So I washed, and dried, and folded, and everything was still filthy. But that was only one time. On a regular basis I will be waiting for my laundry to finish drying when I will notice a pile of clothes in the bathroom that I neglected to throw in the hamper. A t-shirt on the floor. Several pairs of underwear. And I feel like a bit of a failure because I let the laundry get the best of me again.

So I'm off to finish the laundry, have a shower, go to the bank, to the mall, what have you...

No comments: