Monday, August 10, 2009

job search: day 1

It is absolutely sweltering outside.

It's another one of those days. It's noon and I haven't showered. But I have been up and about since 7 am, faxing and e-mailing my CV all over the place. Of course, I'm not expecting much, but it is a start. I just have to go out and search on foot as soon as it cools down a bit.
When job searching, have you ever found yourself applying for jobs that you know you don't want, just because you know you have to find employment soon? I hate that. I think I just applied for a marketing job a few minutes ago.

I had a marketing job once. I had to stand outside of petro canada gas stations (all day long, even in the rain) and try to convince people to sign up for credit cards that they didn't want or need. When the day was over, a guy named sacha came and picked us all up and took us back to our city. It sucked. It really, really sucked. That, and Tim Hortons, were the worst jobs anybody could ever have.

How does anybody find a job that isn't in a restaurant?!

No comments: