I don't know if it's the hormones, or if it's my pride, but I am not going to work today. Or ever again. At least, not the honest lawyer.
You see, I worked a 10-hour shift last night and I was only supposed to work a 4 and a half. It wasn't so busy that they needed me; in fact, everyone could see I had no use being there. I wasn't busy, I wasn't making any money.
I told them that if I didn't catch a bus by 12:30 I would have to spend 30 dollars on a cab to get back to my parents' house, and that if I had to do that I would be fucking pissed. They didn't care, they didn't cut me. I told them that my parents had dogs who hadn't been out for a pee since 3 in the afternoon. Nothing.
So I tell myself that if I don't catch that bus to my parents house, and have to spend 30 bucks on a fucking cab, I'm quitting. On principle. Because it's just not fucking cool, especially when there is no need to have me there. They were just being fucking assholes. So I proceed to mope around, not doing anything. My boss takes me into his office and says that because I had been dragging my ass around, I would be closing the resataurant (working until 3am) and I am fucking pissed. I'm never coming back.
So for 3 hours I walk around with tears in my eyes, trying to work but honestly there was nothing to fucking do so mostly I sat in the laundry room with the door locked. Crying.
You know what? You're not my babysitter, Adam. You don't get to be a fucking asshole to me just to teach me a lesson about how to do my job. Fuck you. Seriously, FUCK YOU.
I had to quit anyway, eventually, because no pregnant girl has any business working in a bar. And I didn't want anyone seeing my belly. It just sucks that I didn't have anything else lined up yet. Oh well. That's life.
I feel pretty good about not having to go to work today, and fucking them over. Fucking fascist shithole...
Sunday, August 9, 2009
take this job and shove it up your ass.
Labels:
choices,
honest lawyer,
hormones,
i hate serving,
i quit my job
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment