-I have begun to notice that I can't get away with eating the things that I used to. My arms are a little flabby and in my armpit I am stashing chicken breasts. You can sometimes catch my stolen chicken breast peeking out when I wear strapless shirts/dresses and sometimes tank tops. I look at the 18 and 19 year old girls at work and wish I had their legs. This is happening already?! I hate this! I never thought this would happen!
How does someone eat better? How do you undo an entire 23 years of gluttony and turn it all around, and become a salad muncher? HOW? I'm going grocery shopping today and I have to bring Mike. He is always the voice of reason in situations like this because I have absolutely no self control.
-My feet stink, like, all the time. They never used to. Even scrubbing them on the edge of the bathtub doesn't always work. Is it weird that I kind of like the smell of my stinky feet? Ew, yes it is, Lindsay. Don't ever admit to shit like that again.
-I value my relationship with my parents. I don't think I ever used to. I think I used to think I used to, but I don't really think I knew what I was doing when I thought so. ;) And now I know so.
-I saw a little girl with pigtails in her hair running around the restaurant today and I actually said to myself I want one just like you. Also, in terms of this type of thing, I am dealing with a lot of guilt and sadness that I don't think I will ever shake, and the weight of it makes me realize that I really must be grown up now because I am somehow managing to carry it. The little girl was really cute though... and I wonder now.
-I totally found a wrinkle on my forehead. How shitty is that? Seriously.
-Contentment has become my one and only goal. At this, I am admittedly still struggling from time to time. Probably because of the virgo in me. Don't let us virgos into your life. We are like barnacles.
But all the same, I am still only turning 23. There is so much time and honestly, I'm kind of glad I'm getting older. I am glad I have gotten things out of my system like dating utterly inappropriate men, taking drugs and partying all night long, and all of the other things that I can't believe I actually did over the last few years. Doing all that stuff sucked, but it has given me the experience that I need to have in order to develop into a wise and intelligent woman. That's become so important to me, and that's how I know I'm starting to change...
PS: Mom, I would like to thank you for the stinky feet. I know that came from your gene pool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment