Sunday, June 21, 2009

drop the steinbeck, i repeat: drop. the. steinbeck.

AHHH!
Somebody stop me. I have spent over 200 dollars this month on books. Jee-zuss. Okay, well, I did pick up some real gems though. Tropic of Cancer, East of Eden, The Alchemist, The Canterbury Tales, A Complicated Kindness, the list goes on. I know what you're thinking: why not just borrow from the library? Well, I'll tell you why. I like when people look at my bookshelf, which is why I've resolved to expand it the way I have been. What's the point of reading lots if people don't get to check out your literary prowess and say something like I wish I read more... and then I can say something like Yeah, television will rot your brain, you really should read more.
Buying books feeds my perpetually starved ego.
That's pretty much it really.

I cleaned the shit out of the apartment again. Yuss. Now I am sitting here listening to 15/16 by Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker, this is the best song ever.

...I got nothin'

Happy Pride Weekend, peeps. Rebecca: I'm sorry I didn't come out and paint the town red with you and your lady friend, I just couldn't justify the money I would spend...

1 comment:

Omega said...

Heh I'm the same way, I want a library of my own. I keep finding new books before I'm finished with the ones I have.