Wednesday, June 24, 2009

a romantic stroll with my second favourite man

last night was great! it was one of those perfect summer nights. Couldn't stay inside.
I was on the couch, reading, and Breakfast was just chillin by the balcony screen door, and I was like yeah we should probably go hang out side... So I put his leash on and we went for a walk.
Now, usually when I take Breakfast out for a walk he refuses to move. Even walks backwards. It's never been productive, he's always hated walks. But last night! Last night he was walking like crazy! We went all over! We walked for over an hour, easy. I'm thrilled because this ups our fun quota by like 40% easily.
Sometimes he would get tired and just enjoy the ride from my arms, but then after a few minutes he would want down again for more exploring. I had to stay on my toes though, because to take my eyes off him for even a second would probably lead to him strangling himself trying to go down a drainpipe someplace...
There was a chihuahua at the park we stopped at that came to check us out, and Breakfast bit him on the nose and the poor little guy scampered off, terrified...
We stopped at mac's and picked up some ice cream and a honey bun, and came back here where breakfast promptly fell asleep and I read some more, with a glass of wine and my sugary treats. Perfect summer night.

On a completely unrelated note, I miss Fran. The last time we actually hung out was when I got hammered with her on the honest lawyer patio and stole 2 of her green throw pillows. That was a really fun time - morning after puke-strewn hallway aside - and I have to hang out with her again soon. It is her birthday on Saturday? I believe? Anyway, I have to be included in whatever awesomeness she has planned... I can't believe we're going to be 23. Sigh.

It's a total scorcher outside today and I think I look pretty cute today, actually. But I have nowhere to go and no money to spend so I am going to wait here all day for mike to get off work, and then I am going to make him his favourite: fettuccine alfredo. Then I will top it off with some mayan chocolate ice cream for dessert. I'll be his favourite person for a lifetime.

No comments: