Tuesday, July 14, 2009

blep!

Today I called in sick for the first time.
It wasn't easy to call in sick without a phone. I had to walk three blocks to the pay phone. There was puke dried up in the corner of the booth, and when I saw it I made a second splatter of it in the corner adjacent.

A number of things could have brought this on. One, I had a hard time sleeping last night so I took 4 sleep eze (those things don't do shit). Two, I drank one smirnoff ice and one old milwaukee last night. three, I smoked hash (for the first time ever, yay me!). Four, I got crazy munchies last night and ate so much food that remembering it just made me heave. And five, I could just be plain old sick. I'm leaning towards a combination of one and four. But whatever, I'm sick. And super tired. And the idea of going to work today is about as appealing to me as that congealed puke in the phone booth.

So I'm going to do all the things that I do when I'm sick. A few little sicky rituals I've been practicing since I was a wee one. I am going to turn the couch into a bed. I am going to drink warm ginger ale, I am going to suck on jolly ranchers. I am going to wear my comfiest pajamas and watch court shows on syndicated television.

It's good that I'm not working today because Breakfast would have been in his cage for nearly 24 hours solid if I had. Because I worked yesterday, came home and couldn't sleep, finally fell asleep around 10 or so.. yadda yadda yadda. I'm home free!
I've never been one to abuse the calling-in-sick-privilege. How about you??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It depends on the job...some of them that I've hated i've abused the privilege.