Monday, July 6, 2009

I want one for each hand



I have the next 2 days off. Super excited. Too bad I'm not actually on a beach, my macbook just makes it look like I am. sigh.

I am beginning the 2 day off celebration with a virgin pina colada and the relieving news that I am getting off the hooch again.

That's right. No more drinking.

It worked so well the last time I quit, and I quit for a couple months, and I was super happy. I was much more productive, had more money, and felt healthier. And I didn't lose my phone! So what if 99% of all my relationships with other people revolve around the consumption of alcohol?
Okay. Maybe I won't give it up completely. I will probably still drink occasionally. But I will not be staying out all night with people from work, getting pished until sunrise and stumbling home at 7am. Those days are over. Dammit.

So. Virgin Pina Coladas it is. And I'm okay with that.

Today was very productive for me. I cleaned the place, did a whole shit load of laundry, did the dishes that were fermenting in the sink for, what, 8 days now? I feel great! Now I just have to go to work tonight for a few hours and then I am home free until Thursday. I might crash Tanya's date. Maybe I'll go out for dinner.

By the way, Rob, are you home yet? I miss you so much. Don't think I am only mentioning you because I was talking about my alcoholism in this post. That really has nothing to do with it. I don't think.

No comments: