Okay, here's something you didn't know about me.
I really suck at relationships. I do. I am always in one, but I have never been very good at it and by now, I probably should've learned a thing or two on how to be a girlfriend. I am still a little too selfish, I think.
I have a team of advisors that helps me make sound, moral decisions and they have always been responsible for all of my mature choices.
And now Fran is chief advisor on this issue.
I am having a hard time not hanging out with dudes.
That is not to say that I would cheat on Mike, because no, that is just not what this is. I just love the dudes that I work with and I love hanging out with them because they're super fun! I wish I could say the same for the girls I work with, but besides Rebecca I really don't want to hang out with any of them. They're too different. Except for Rebecca, like I said, because Rebecca is the shit. So.
I guess it wouldn't be such a big deal to hang out with the guys at work, except that I know a couple of them have little crushes on me. Which sucks, because they're ruining everything.
So when I go home right after work instead of going to some awesome party or something, I call Fran and she straightens me out. Without her, I might be getting in a lot of fights with Mike regarding my plutonic co-worker relations.
And he wouldn't be wrong to get upset. I would get upset if he were hanging out with girls. Any girls, I wouldn't care. And he doesn't do that. Ever. So I owe him the same.
Which is something that my team of advisors remind me of and I am grateful to them for it.
But when will I ever be able to be my own moral compass? Will I ever be able to?
I know what the right thing to do is, I just struggle with accepting it.
So.
I am not hanging out with any dudes from work.
So relax.
I'm just saying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment