I haven't been writing enough, I am so sorry.
There is just so much going on, and I know a bunch of people that I know personally, and who read my blog all the time, are probably wondering what the fuck I've been up to.
Well, I'm afraid you're just going to have to keep wondering for a little while longer. I will try to allude to it as little as possible.
So I have to find a new job. ASAP. I have never really had a real job before. I've tended bar and I have waited tables for years now and I've always been all like okay, when the time is right I will get a real job but I still don't even know what that real job could be and frankly, now I'm running a little short on time. I have to make changes. I can't stay at the lawyer for several reasons. For one, they will never take me seriously or promote me or even make me bartender. In that sense, I have bled the stone that is the honest lawyer. Secondly, I am going to be 23 in less than a month (feel free to e-mail me at lindsayoquinn@gmail.com for a complete list of items I would be overjoyed to receive as gifts) and it is high time I started behaving like an adult. It would be nice to have a day job. It would be nice to have benefits, not that that's at all likely, but I can dream. It would just be nice to be taken seriously, and not have to depend on tips, and not be looked down upon by snooty pieces of shit in suits who demand complimentary pretzels at their table - before they get there, no less - and never want you to approach the table; instead they insist that you just come up to them as soon as they beckon for you. I HATE SERVING!!! (Those gentlemen I affectionately refer to as the pretzel suits, and they are indeed real people, and I hope they die in a plane crash. All of them).
Phew.
Anyway, I also have to move. I can't stay here anymore. I'm not even sure if I can remain in this city. I am dying for a drastic change. Just dying. So I am putting in my 2 months notice to my superintendent and I am going to mosey.
You won't be hearing any stories about parties I've gone to or times when I have gotten so drunk I offered a bouncer a blow job or anything like that anymore because I am officially on the wagon. I mean it, I'm done. This ridiculousness has costed me too much dignity and too much, well, money. I will indulge in the finer things. Like literature and long walks. And lots of ice cream. Lots and lots of ice cream.
Don't mind me, I'm just making some plans..
Monday, July 27, 2009
planning for the future
Labels:
adult life,
choices,
emotional mumbo jumbo,
honest lawyer,
i hate serving,
moving,
plans,
pretzels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ice crean helps for most things. ;)
Good luck with all the plans!
Post a Comment