Thursday, July 23, 2009

crawling out of the drinking cave

Who do I think I am going so long without posting?

It is TMI Thursday and I will hopefully think of a real gem for you guys later on today. But right now, it's 2pm and I just woke up so I need to take it a little easy.
I feel so incredibly unhealthy right now. The last 2 days I have been doing nothing but drinking and I have been eating so much garbage. SO MUCH garbage. The other night, I ate 3 cans of chef boyardi ravioli in one sitting, plus a frozen meatloaf dinner, all in like, what? I'd say 45 minutes.
And then the next night we had a party at fran's where I ate over half a large pizza and proceeded to eat another can of chef boyardi ravioli, a big bag of sunchips, a couple hot rods, a 4-pack of reese cups, a big turk and a honeybun. You know me and those honeybuns.
And last night I just don't want to talk about. At all.
I have not been seeing enough of Mike. I haven't seen him since Sunday. It is now thursday and I haven't even spoken to him in 2 days. I don't really even miss him, actually.
But I think a little bit of distance can sometimes be healthy. I don't know if I am necessarily ready to have him consuming my life. I even feel, dare i say, awesome after my break of being around mike. It's not that I don't love him, but he is very very boring. Every day is so predictable and we sit there and watch hours of television and it's just getting really boring. So in order to avoid feeling miserable and resentful, I feel it was almost necessary to spend the last 3 days doing nothing but drinking myself into a stupor with other people that I love.

sidenote:
I bought a bunch of candy for the soccer game and didn't eat any of it there, and so right now I am eating a fun dip. Remember lik.m.aid's fun dip? With the candy lik-a-stiicks? It gives you a feeling of continuity with the past when you enjoy your favourite candy as an adult. It's a great feeling.

So tonight I am going to spend some time with mike. I am starting to miss him a little bit and I know the guy is feeling a little neglected after the last 3 or 4 days. Tanys is still here so perhaps we will all do something as a family. Maybe we'll have to go to Blockbuster. Maybe we'll have to grab a slice of pizza together. Whatever it is, I just need to spend a little more time with my mikey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so getting old!! I can't imagine three days straight drinking, nevermind staying up past three on a weeknight.

When all I used to want to do it party and not sleep.

*sigh*